NAME: DR. R. BALAMURUGAN
DESIGNATATION: PROFESSOR OF GENERAL SURGERY & DEPUTY MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT
CONSULTANT – ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC AND BARIATRIC SURGEON
QUALIFICATION: MBBS, MS, MRCS, D.MAS, F.MAS
EXPERIENCE: 17 YEARS
- MBBS - Madras Medical College – 2002
- PLAB - 2004
- MS (General Surgery) – Kilpauk Medical College (2003 – 2006)
- MRCS – Intercollegiate (Best outgoing award) – 2006
- DMAS – World Laparoscopy Hospital -2012
- FMAS – World Laparoscopy Hospital – 2012
- Trained in Advanced Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery – KIMS – 2014
- Advanced Hernia workshop CMC Vellore - 2015
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery – Gangaram Hospital – 2016
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Training Course by Ethicon – 2016
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Training Course – Apollo Hospital -2017
- Advanced Coloproctology Training using CEMAST – 2018
- Laser and Coloproctology Training – Kolkatta – 2018.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Best out going awarded in MS General Surgery
- 7 Publications & Case Reports
- 5 Ongoing Research Program with 2 funded Research Program
- Instructor for DAVINCI Surgical program for SRM Surgery & Trauma.
- Trauma instructor for Faculties & Postgraduates with BOSTON Surgical team.
- Member of Ethicon faculty for suture training
- Faculty member of BIOCON
- Speaker in various company programs like ABBOT, BIOCON.
- Speaker and judge in various T.V. programs in Puthuyugam, Puthiyathalaimurai and Vijay TV also in Radio program.