FACULTY NAME : DR. R. JAI VINOD KUMAR
DESIGNATATION: PROFESSOR & HOD OF GENERAL SURGERY
CONSULTANT ADVANCED LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY
QUALIFICATION: MBBS, MS, MRCS
EXPERIENCE : 17 YEARS
- MBBS – Kilpauk Medical College – 1998
- PLAB - 2005
- MS (General Surgery) – Kilpauk Medical College (2005)
- MRCS – Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh– 2005
- One year experience in NHS (United Kingdom)
Royal Wolverhanpton Hospital, England, UK 2005.
Watford General Hospital- NHS, UK- 2006.
- Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
WORKSHOP AND COURSES ATTENDED:
- SELSI Minimal Access Surgery Course, Chennai, 2009.
- TACT Academy AHA Accredited BLS and ACLS Course, Chennai, 2012.
- VAAFT Course by STORZ, Chennai, 2012.
- Advance Laparoscopic Hernia Course - ceMAST - Mumbai - 2015.
- Laparoscopic Bariatric course- ETHICON, Chennai- 2016.
- e-TEP/TAR Course- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi- 2018.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Co-ordinator for implementing competency based Medical Education (CBME)
- Actively performs advanced Open / Lap. Surgical Procedures
- Published seven original research articles in Indexed Journals and have guided many paper presentation and posters in National Conferences for the Post Graduates.
- Curriculum Committee core Member
- Trainer and resource person in revised basic course workshop.
- Completed Advanced course in Medical Education (Contact Session – I).
- Trained in Curriculum implementation support program (CISP) I & II.
A) Trainer & Instructor - basic Laparoscopic course.
B) In collaboration with the team of Surgeons from Boston have trained more than 200
Faculties & Post Graduates in Trauma Care
- AHA instructor for BLS & ACLS.
- Faculty In-charge for international student exchange programme.
- Invited speaker in GEM, Colon care update- Delivered a talk under the proctology session. GEM HOSPTIAL, Chennai- 2019.