- Name: Dr. Ram Prasad P L
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Phone Number: 9962974569
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Area or Subject: Respiratory Medicine
- Affiliation: Department of Respiratory Medicine, SRM Medical college hospital and research centre
Having completed Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees from reputed government institutes, Dr. Ram Prasad had trained several students in the field of Respiratory medicine. He has ample experience in managing complicated and critical patients. His contribution and services in actively managing thousands of patients during the covid pandemic were recognized and felicitated by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai as “COVID WARRIOR” for serving during the covid-19 pandemic in Mumbai in 2020. He has also been a co-guide for various post-graduate students’ thesis projects. His areas of interest include allergy, asthma, sleep medicine, and critical care.
Thoothukudi Government Medical College, Thoothukudi, Tamilnadu.
- MD Respiratory medicine (2016-2019)
Seth G.S Medical College & KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai.
- DNB Respiratory medicine (Dec-2019)
- European diploma in adult respiratory medicine (2021)
- Member of National academy of medical sciences (MNAMS) (2022)
- Junior resident - Dept. of respiratory medicine, Seth G.S Medical College & KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai. (May 2016- May 2019)
- Senior resident - Dept. of respiratory medicine, Lokmanya Tilak municipal general hospital, Sion, Mumbai - August 2019 to August 2020.
- Worked in Seven hills hospital, Andheri, Mumbai, for dedicated management of COVID-19 patients.
Research Works completed recently: (Co-guide for below thesis projects).
- Dr. Rahul, Dr.Subramanian.S, Dr. Ram Prasad P L. The role of serum uric acid as a biomarker in prediction of treatment outcome and risk of exacerbation in patients of COPD
- Dr. Anitha. S. Menon, Dr.Nalini Jayanthi N, Dr. Ram Prasad P L. The study of inflammatory marker levels ESR, CRP, NLR, RDW, serum globulin and serum ferritin in pulmonary tuberculosis in relation to severity of disease and its response to intensive phase of anti-tubercular therapy.
- Dr. Rohith Meesa, Dr. Subramanian S, Dr. Ram Prasad P L. Comparison of 2 chair test with 6-minute walk test to assess post-exercise recovery in patients with chronic lung diseases at tertiary care hospital
- TAMIL, ENGLISH, HINDI, MARATHI
- Achievements and Awards:
- Represented Seth G.S medical college at national level and Won 4th prize in NAPCON NATIONAL PG QUIZ- 2018 in Ahmedabad.
- One of the Top 12 contestants in the Torrent young scholar award 2018 at zonal level in West zone.
- Felicitated by Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai as “COVID WARRIOR” for serving during covid-19 pandemic in Mumbai in 2020.
Guest lectures and presentations:
- Poster presentation on Hydatid cyst in NAPCON national conference 2018, Ahmedabad.
- Guest speaker on the topic “Management of TB in special situations” in SRM medical college for World TB day on 25.3.2021.
- Guest speaker in “Approach to pulmonary fungal infections” e-CME conducted by Chettinad hospital and research institute on 16.8.2022.
- Oral presentation in “2nd international conference on COPD and lung diseases” online conference held on September 14-15, 2022
- Member of National academy of medical sciences (MNAMS)
- World Association for Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology (WABIP)
- European respiratory society (ERS)
- Indian Chest Society (ICS)
- Chest council of India (CCI)
- Indian association for Bronchology (IAB)
- Indian sleep disorders association (ISDA)