- MBBS – Govt. Thanjavur Medical College - 1985
- Underwent post-graduation in ophthalmology from Prestigious Regional Institute and Govt. Ophthalmic Hospital Egmore, Chennai.
- Govt Madurai Medical College under The Dr.Tamilnadu Medical University
- Diploma in Ophthalmology -1992
- MS Ophthalmology – 2000
- After gaining teaching experience of more than 32 years in various Govt Medical Colleges at various levels (senior resident, assistant professor and professor ) in the field of ophthalmology joined as professor at SRMMCH & RC in October 2020 to head of the department of ophthalmology here
- Areas of interest are glaucoma and Neuro – Ophthalmology. Other field of interest is Administration and has an experience as Deputy Director of Medical Education for three years from 2008 to 2011, involved in creating new Govt. Medical colleges in all Districts (each district one medical college) and various health schemes announced by Govt. Of Tamilnadu from 2008-2011
- Also facilitated Medical Council of India and was MCI inspector both for UG Programme and PG Programme in more than 20 occasions.
- Assistant Surgeon-GPHC Ki iyanur, Thiruvarur 10/02/1989 to 05/07/1989
- Assistant Surgeon- GPHC Thirupaithangudy, Thiruvarur 06/07/1989 to 31/08/1990
- Junior resident – Ophthalmology Madras Medical College,01/09/1990 to 31/08/1992
- Assistant Surgeon -PHC, Sedapatti, Tharamangalam , Salem 01,09.1992 to 18/03/1993
- Assistant Surgeon –Govt. Upgraded Primary Health Centre, Periyapalayam.19/03/93 to 26/07/96
- Assistant Surgeon- King Institute of preventive Medicine 27/07/1996 to 20/05/1997
- Resident Ophthalmology –Madurai Medical College, Madurai 21/05/1997 to 10/03/2000
- Senior Assistant Surgeon - Govt Institute of Mental Health, Chennai from 1/03/2000 to 12/12/2000.
- Asst professor in Neuro Ophthalmology - Govt Madras Medical College from 13/12/2000 -31/03/2004
- Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology - Govt Madras Meical College from 01/04/2004-20/10/2004
- Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology - Govt Chengalpattu Medical College from 21/10/2004-30/04/2007
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology- Govt, Mohan Kumaramangalam Medical College, Salem from 04/05/2007-05/06/2008.
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology GVMC, Vellore from 06/06/2008-07/07/2008
- Associate Professor in ophthalmology/ Deputy Director Director of Medical education GVMC Vellore from 14/07/2008 -22/07/2011
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology - GOVT Kilpauk medical college from 22/07/2011-14/12/2011
- Associate Professor in Ophthalmology - Madras medical College from14/12/2011-20/08/2014
- Professor in Ophthalmology - Govt Stanley Medical College, Chennai from 21/08/2014-13/03/2019
- Professor in Ophthalmology- Govt Medical College, Chennai from 13/03/2019-30/06/2019
- Professor and HOD Ophthalmology- SRM Medical College Hospital & Research Centre from 12/10/2020
- Correlation of Ocular Perfusion Pressure and Intraocular pressure changes during Haemodialysis in End Stage Renal Disease an Observational Study. Journal of Evidence based Medicine 2017
- Tear Film Analysis in Patients on Chronic Anti-Psychotic Therapy. Journal of Evidence based Medicine 2017
- Comparison of intraocular pressure measurement with non-contact tonometry and Applanation Tonometry among Various Central Corneal thickness Groups- Journal of Evidence based Medicine 2018.
- A Study on Efficacy of Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgery by Temporal Approach- Journal of Evidence based Medicine 2018.