It is a Global truth that Library is the temple of knowledge and richest source of skill. Our Central Library in Medical College housed treasure of knowledge and resources. We cater to the aspirants of different category of medical professionals by offering them all what they need for their better and brighter future.
Our medical library will
- Deliver the highest quality information when, where, and in the form needed.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge within the academic community.
- Provide education to ensure effective use of information and information-gathering methodologies for lifelong learning.
- Provide and maintain a collection of high quality, relevant and state-of-art resources.
- Strive to meet the individual information needs of each of our users.
- Develop and provide accurate information systems.
- Promote collegiality and encourage all staff members to share ideas and insights in order to enhance the collective functioning of the library.
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy in our interactions with our users and colleagues.
- Maintain an environment of open communication.
- Built relationship with faculty, researchers and clinical staff in the college and hospital to better serve their educational, research and clinical needs.
- In anticipation of ever changing technology & methodology of health sciences we are offering up to date information. Thus the medical library is contributing its valuable service to the members of medical procession to deliver impeccable service to the humanity.
About us -Location
The Medical Library is located in the first and second floor of the College building. Total Area of library is 3000 Sq. Mt. The library building is
- Fully air-conditioned and automated with RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology
- Well protected with fire alarms and CCTV security systems
- Students outside reading room with 270 seating capacity
- Circulation counter
- Reprographic section
- Staff reading room with 50 seating capacity
- PG reading room with 38 seating capacity
- Reading hall with 280 seating capacity
- Book section
- Journal section
- Browsing section with 69 computer nodes
- Back volume section
- Librarian Room
- Print material
- Books: The Library has a good collection of 22071 books on Medical and allied health sciences.
- Journals:The library subscribes 74 International Journals and 62 National Journals
- Back volumes: The library has 3446 International and 968 National bound volumes of journals.
- Thesis: We have 837 thesis
- Non –print material We have 1304 CD/DVD collections in our library.
1. CLINICALKEY www.clinicalkey.com
Clinical content includes medical topic summaries, full-text books/journals, videos, images and more.
- Clinical Overviews: succinct, easy-to-navigate monographs for quick answers at the point of care.
- Topic Pages: concise information about disease epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, treatments and more
- Drug Monographs: comprehensive information about U.S. prescription drugs, herbal supplements, nutritional, vitamin and OTC products
- Full-Text Books: Elsevier’s world-renowned 1055 medical and surgical books, including Gray’s Anatomy, Goldman’s Cecil Medicine and Braunwald’s Heart Disease
- Full-Text Journals: 650 top journals from Elsevier, including The Lancet and Mayo Clinic Proceedings
- Step-by-step procedural videos and articles to teach techniques or simply help clinicians refresh their skills
- Practice Guidelines
- Customisable Patient Education Handouts
- MEDLINE Abstracts
- Clinical Trials
2. SPRINGER www.springerlink.com
Content includes 600 E-journals
4. THIEME: https://medone-comsci.thieme.com
The Library is fully automated with in-house developed software and barcode technology. An OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) has been created for easy search and two terminals are provided to facilitate access.
Apart from Central Library each department has separate Department Library which contains 100 – 110 books.
- Reprographics Facilities
- Internet Facility
- Document Delivery Service (Digital & Printer)
- Open Access Facilities for Textual Documents
- Provision of Separate Reading Rooms for Students and Teachers/ Scholars
- Journals of National and International repute
Rules & Regulations
- All the members should bring identity card and should be produced whenever it is required.
- Personal books, files, folders etc. (except scribbling pad) are not allowed inside the library. Members have to deposit their personal belongings at the Property Counter near the entrance.
- Make entry in the Library Register while entering and leaving the library with time legibly.
- Leave the books on the reading table while leaving the library and don’t reshelf them.
- Personal books and notes can be read in the area exclusively allotted for it (Outside reading room).
- Strict silence should be observed inside the library.
- Using of Cell Phone, Head Phone inside the library is totally prohibited. If anybody found using, it will be seized.
- Underlining, overwriting, folding or any sort of damage to the books is strictly prohibited. If any such damage/marking is found, the member should pay penalty along with the cost of the book on the spot.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, the decision of the authorities in all matters shall be final and binding.