#5c, Vembuli nagar
A fulfilling ambience where I can serve to my best potential to the organization and in the process nurture myself skills in the medical field.
M.B., B.S – 1994-2000 Chengalpattu Medical College, The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, India
Post graduate diploma in Ophthalmology -2002- 2004 Regional Institute of Ophthalmology, India
M.S (ophthalmology) - 2011-2013 Madurai Medical College, India
License to practice:
- Unrestricted licensure to practise medicine in India - register number: 66667
Professor in Ophthalmology at MAPIMS ,Melmaruvathur.
- Outpatient and Inpatient care.
- Ophthalmic emergency and elective surgical procedures.
- Ophthalmic laser procedures and investigative procedures.
- Rural eye camps for cataract screening including camp surgeries as a part of district blindness control programme.
- Tutoring medical and Post Graduate students about clinical diseases in Ophthalmology
- Teaching surgical procedures to Post Graduate students
- Coordinating the eye camp team.
- Participation in refractive error screening camps in schools as a part of district blindness contral programme.
- Participating and co-ordinating continuing medical education programmes in our department and college.
CLINICAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Conventional Extra capsular cataract extraction and Small incision cataract surgeries approx more than 10000 nos.
- Had underwent PHACO-EMULSIFICATION training IN 2012 at MN EYE hospitals, Chennai.
- Had underwent PHACO EMULSIFICATION WITH PCIOL AND COMPLICATION MANAGEMENT at I CARE HOSPITLS in 2015, NOIDA, Delhi.
- Had underwent short term hands on training in LASIK and PRK at Centre for sight, Vadodara under Dr. Rupal Shah.
- Underwent RELOAD training at ARAVIND EYE HOSITALS , Chennai on managing anterior vitrectomies, iris hooks and other difficult situations.
- Performing Phaco-emulsification with foldable IOLs and modern IOLs and MICS .
- Performing secondary IOL procedures like Scleral Fixated IOLs
- Glaucoma surgical methods like TRABECULECTOMY and laser iridotomies.
- oculoplasty procedures including dermoid and cyst removals, entropion repairs and dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) with and without intubation
- ocular and orbital trauma cases including Repair of corneal and scleral perforations with or without ruptured lens, lid and adnexal trauma, chemical burns with emergency and late management:
- laser procedures including YAG peripheral iridotomy and posterior capsulotomy, grid laser and pan retinal photocoagulations.
- participated in surgical camps in various rural regions around kanchipuram.
- conducted cataract screening camps in and around Chennai and
- Relation of Systemic Blood Pressure and its effect in IntraOcular pressure – International Journal of Scientific Study /March 2017/vol 4/ issue 12
- Comparative study of Incidence of Posterior capsular Opacification between PMMA and Hydrophobic Acrylic IOL implantation in senile Cataracts- Journal Of Medical science and clinical research/vol 6/issue 8/august 2018/page 578-80
- Comparative study of axial length measurement by B Scan and A scan biometry in IOL power calculation. Medpulse international Journal of Ophthalmology. March 2019:9(3):57-59.
- Retrospective analysis of orbital mucormycosis in post covid patients in Melmaruvathur.
International journal of pharmaceutical and clinical research 2022; 14(6) ; 528-537
- Surgically induced astigmatism in manual small incision cataract surgery: A comparative study between straight, frown and inverted V shape (chevron) incision.
International journal of toxicological and pharmacological research 2022 ; 12(6) :109-114.
- May 2000 – MBBS, Chengalpattu Medical College, India
- May 2000- April 2002: Medical Officer in casualty and emergency care, Lakshmi Hopitals, Chennai, India
- May 2002- April 2004: Post Graduate Diploma (Ophthalmology) Regional institute of ophthalmology, Chennai, India.
- May 2004- Nov 2004: General ophthalmic practitioner and part time on call consultant in Ophthalmology, Subiksha nursing home, Chennai.
- November 2004 - 2011: Clinical tutor/ senior resident in ophthalmology , Meenakshi Medical College Hospital and research institute, Kanchipuram, India
- April 2011 - April 2013: Post Graduate degree- in M.S (ophthalmology) at Madurai Medical college, India.
- Sep 2013 - Oct 2014 :Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology , Tagore Medical College Hospitals, Chennai.
- Oct 2014 - Nov 27, 2018 : Assistant Professor in Ophthalmology at Meenakshi Medical college and hospitals, India.
- Feb 2, 2019 - Mar 27, 2019 : Assistant professor in ophthalmology at MAPIMS Medical college, India.
- From Mar 28, 2019 to 30th June 2022 as Associate Professor in Ophthalmology at MAPIMS Medical college, India.
- From 1St July 2022 till now working as Professor in ophthalmology at MAPIMS, India.
Professor and HOD, Department of Ophthalmolgy,
MAPIMS Medical college and research Institute,
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Consultant eye surgeon,
Railway hospitals, Chennai, India.
Phone: +91 9003160545
Prof. Dr. SundaraRajan .D
Professor and HOD, Department of Ophthalmolgy,
Meenakshi Medical college, Enathur, Kanchiuram
Phone: +91 9443006299.