Name: Dr. Kala Samayan
Qualification: PhD, MSc (ASLP), MA (Ling.)
Experience: 21 Years
Specialty: Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
Area of Interest: Pediatric Audiology, Rehabilitation Audiology, Speech Sound Disorders, Dysphagia, Neurogenic Speech Language Disorders in Children, Augmentative and Alternative Communication and Clinical Linguistics
Achievements and Awards:
- Research Excellence Award 2023 InSc-Institute of Scholars.
- Recognized as a Reviewer of InSc. International publishing platforms and also Technical Events under the Stream: Basic and Medical Sciences-2023
- Women Researcher Award at INSO Conference, International Conference for Award Winners in Engineering, Science and Medicine on 15 th April 2023, Pondicherry.
- Aishwarya. N, Dr. Selvarajan G, Dr. Kala Samayan (2023). Evaluating the Features of Individuals with Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness (PPPD) Co-Existing with Vestibular Migraine: Case Series. Best paper award at DPRC 2023 at SRMIST, KTR.
- Keren Oviya Babu, Kala Samayan (2022) Best Research Paper award at National Conference, Tribal Welfare Department of Government of Tamil Nadu & GOI titled on Ear and Hearing Health: Practices of the Toda Tribes of Nilgiri Hills.
- Akila Palani, Kala Samayan (2011). Best paper award at 1st TAN-ISHACON Trichy paper titled Phonological Awareness and Orthographic Skills- A Comparative Study between Typically Developing vs ADHD Tamil Speaking Children.