Designation: Associate Professor
Qualification : MBBS., MD., DM., DNB.,
Years of exp : 8 Years
Research & Publication:
Publications in scopus indexed journals
- Jayaprakash V*, Vamsikrishna M, Indhumathi E, Jayakumar M. Scrub typhus- associated acute kidney injury: Study from a South Indian tertiary care hospital. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2019;30(4):883-890
- Jayaprakash V*, Jagadeswaran D, Ezhilmathi K, Sathiapriya A, Vamsikrishna M, Indhumathi E, et al. Low concentration trisodium citrate as a non-inferior locking agent for non-tunneled dialysis catheters in the Asian setting. Indian J Nephrol 2019;29:410-4
- Jayaprakash V*, Dineshkumar T, Dhanapriya J, Rajasekar D, Sakthirajan R, Balasubramaniyan T, et al. End of induction treatment outcomes with a novel cyclophosphamide‑based regimen for severe lupus nephritis: Single‑center experience from South India. Indian J Rheumatol 2020; 15: 100-5
- Munusamy Sivasankari, Varadharajan Jayaprakash*, Elayaperumal Indhumathi, Dhakshinamoorthy Jagadeswaran, Angraje Srivatsa, Matcha Jayakumar. The effect of dialysate temperature on urea reduction ratio among patients undergoing maintenance haemodialysis: A case control study. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2019 Feb, Vol-13(2): OC25-OC28 (Indexed in Web of Science)
- Nithiya N, Indhumathi E*, Jagadeswaran D, Jayaprakash V, Jayakumar M. Pulmonary hypertension – Prevalence, risk factors and its association with vascular calcification in chronic kidney disease and hemodialysis patients. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2020;31:380-7
- Indhumathi E*, Krishna Makkena V, Mamidi V, Jayaprakash V, Jayakumar M. Influenza A (H1N1) virus infection associated acute kidney injury - a study from a tertiary care centre in South India. Saudi J of Kidney Dis Transpl 2020;31:759-66
- Jose N, Jayaprakash V, Deiva A, Sai V, Jayakumar M. Renal angiographic evaluation of prospective renal donors: Single‑center data and outcome analysis from South India - A retrospective observational study. Indian J Transplant 2021;15:24-8.
- Jayaprakash V*, Anila A. Kurien, Dinesh Kumar T, Gopalakrishnan N. 'Snapshot' of an annual data from a large South Indian renal biopsy registry. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transp 2021; 32(2):522-529
- Jayakrishna Murthy S, Venugopal L, Jayaprakash V, Padmanabhan R, Sreedhar S*. Furosemide stress test predicts acute kidney injury progression in intensive care unit. J Renal Inj Prev. 2022; 11(x): x-x. doi: 10.34172/jrip.2022.xx.
- Dhanapriya J*, Dineshkumar T, Sakthirajan R, Murugan S, Jayaprakash V, Balasubramaniyan T, Gopalakrishnan N. Scrub typhus meningitis in a renal transplant recipient. Indian J Nephrol 2017;27:151-3
- Jose N, Jayaprakash V, Deiva A, Jayakumar M. An unusual neurological syndrome in a haemodialysis patient. Indian J Nephrol 2021;31:293-5.
- Suganya M, Jayaprakash V, Duraimavalavan VM, George MG, Padmanabhan R, Sreedhar S. Management of a newly diagnosed case of myeloma kidney in a recently COVID-19 recovered patient. J Renal Inj Prev. 2022; 11(x): x-x. doi: 10.34172/jrip.2022.xx.
- Jayaprakash V, Suganya M, Karthick D, Abraham Kurien A, Padmanabhan R. “Double whammy” to the kidneys; an unusual etiology of acute kidney disease. J Nephropathol. 2022;11(x):exx. DOI: 10.34172/jnp.2022.xx.
- Udhbhav KS*, Meyyappan RM, Saravanan J, Jayaprakash V. Successful surgical repair of inguinal hernia causing positional obstructive uropathy: A rare cause of renal graft dysfunction – Case report. Indian J Transplant 2022;16:337-9.
- Deiva A, Jayaprakash V*, Nisha J, Chandan Kumar K, Jayakumar M. Acute kidney injury in a patient treated with Tenofovir alafenamide fumarate for Hepatitis B Virus Infection. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2021;32(2):592-594
- Jayaprakash V*, Gopalakrishnan N. A clarion call for follow-up of acute kidney injury survivors: perspective from a developing country. J Nephrol. 2022 Apr;35(3):1029-1031.
Languages spoken: English, Tamil, Hindi
Awards and Achievements:
- Presented 8 Scientific Papers in National Conferences.
- Awarded Second Prize for best Paper in ISNSCCON -2018.