A Remarkable Culmination: SRM MCH&RC Launches Two Cutting-edge Medical Books in 2023
A Remarkable Culmination: SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre Launches Two Cutting-edge Medical Books in 2023
In a momentous event that unfolded on December 29, 2023, SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Kattankulathur, unveiled the two cherishable additions to the Medical Literature. The books, launched by none other than the esteemed Dr. T. R. Paarivendhar, Founder and Chancellor of SRMIST, assured that it will be a cornerstone in medical education and research.
The Unveiled Gems:
1. Essentials of ENT by Prof. Lt. Col. A. Ravikumar, Pro-Vice Chancellor, Medical and Health Sciences
– Authored by the distinguished Prof. Lt. Col. A. Ravikumar, this book is poised to be a comprehensive guide in the field of ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) medicine
– The first copy was presented to Dr. P. Sathyanarayanan, Pro-Chancellor (Academics) SRMIST.
2. Atlas of Head Neck and Skull-Base Surgery by Dr. Nitin M Nagarkar, Dean, Medical, SRMMCH&RC
– Co-authored by Dr. Major S Prasanna Kumar (Professor and HOD of the ENT Department at SRIHER) and Dr. J. Shiva Priya (Assistant Professor at the ENT Department at SRIHER).
– The first copy was graciously presented to the author, Dr. Nitin M Nagarkar.
– This atlas is a groundbreaking work providing insights into Head, Neck, and Skull-Base Surgery.
The launch event was graced by the presence of key personalities in the academic and medical fraternity:
– Dr. P. Sathyanarayanan, Pro-Chancellor (Academics), SRMIST
– Prof. C. Muthamizhchelvan, Vice-Chancellor of SRMIST
– Prof. S. P. Thiyagarajan, Executive Council member of SRMIST
Words of Wisdom:
In his address, Dr. T. R. Paarivendhar remarked, “Gone are the days when running a medical college used to remain a matter of great pride.” These words reflect a commitment to pushing the boundaries of medical education, research, and service.
A Legacy of Knowledge:
The meticulous efforts of professional experts have been poured into these volumes, and it is anticipated that these books will not only serve as vital resources for students but also elevate the profile of SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre in the global medical community.