Infrastructure is chiefly divided into Academic unit and Clinical unit. The academic unit includes well-spaced class rooms (five classrooms) with projectors and a sprawling library for the students for educational purpose. The clinical unit is divided into Diagnostics and therapeutic units.
Clinical unit- Audiology
- Audiology labs
- Neuro otology labs
- Ear mold lab
- Audiometric rooms
Details of the audiological services
The department provides comprehensive evaluation of hearing and balance problems to individuals across all ages, right from the new-born to the elderly. The assessment procedures provided are listed below
- Pure Tone Audiometry
- Behavioural Observation Audiometry, Visual Reinforcement Audiometry, Conditioned Play Audiometry, Conditioned Play Audiometry,
- Immittance Audiometry
- Auditory Brainstem Response/ BERA
- Cortical potentials
- Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potential (VEMP)
- Otoacoustic Emission
- New born Hearing Screening Program
- Hearing aid trial and programming
- Hearing aid analyzing & trouble shooting
- Ear mold making
- Auditory training
- Video Nystagmography (VNG)
- CAPD evaluation
- Aural Rehabilitation
A feather to our department is that we started ‘Early Detection of Hearing Impairment’ right from the establishment of our department. Due to the social commitment of our management, our new born Hearing Testing is totally free, for all new born – both walk in and born in our hospital. We also provide active School screening and extensive CBR as a part of our outreach programme.
Clinical unit- Speech language pathology
- Speech Diagnostic Lab
- Voice lab – CSL 4500 module, PRAAT, Dr Speech software, EGG, Spirometry
- Speech recording room
- Speech Therapy Unit for children, adults and geriatrics
Speech Language Pathology Services
This division is equipped with various diagnostic test materials and recording room, with facilities to record and store voice samples, in order to analyse and monitor the progress of therapy. Patients admitted in General Medicine, Neurology, Pediatrics and other wards, are referred to us, on a need basis. In the case of patients, who are unable to move because of stroke, injury, etc., we visit the concerned wards to impart speech therapy in the wards. We routinely carry out the following:
- Assessment of Child and Adult language disorders.
- Voice evaluation using CSL, Dr. Speech, and Spirometry.
- Stuttering evaluation.
- Evaluation for Cleft Lip and Palate.
- Dysphagia evaluation.
- Bedside evaluation, whenever required
- Speech and language therapy for children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Hearing Impairment, Intellectual Disability, Fluency disorders, Feeding & swallowing, etc
- Group therapy